StaSeal Classic is a penetrating acrylic concrete sealer and curing agent that features same day applications and has been designed to be applied direct to all types of concrete. It cures decorative concrete, plain and patterned concrete.
Specially formulated to deliver excellent results, it provides excellent value for money by providing superior coverage per litre and a longer life expectancy. It has been developed for curing new decorative concrete, plain and pattern concrete.
StaSeal Classic Is Ideal For
- Freshly poured concrete protection.
- Same day concrete sealing
- Dust proofing concrete.
- Providing colour protection to coloured concrete.
- High level of coverage at 5 to 6 square metres per litre.
- Improves the colour retention of coloured concrete.
- Excellent surface protection.
- Provides greater wear resistance and durability.
- Eliminates surface dusting.
- Reduces salt deposits on concrete (efflorescence).
- Maximises softening of new spray-on concrete resurfacing.
- Suitable for all types of surfaces.
Surface should be clean and free of dust, grease, oil and other contamination
- Remove Grease And Oil Stains: wet area with hot water then apply Bescon Cleanall scrub with a broom on and around area for a min of 5 minutes, keep moist at all times, DO NOT allow to dry, then rinse off. Repeat if necessary.
- Remove Tyre Marks: use Bescon Markz Off as per application guidelines.
- Remove Moss or Fungus: dilute bleach 1 to 10 parts water in a watering can, apply over the surface and allow to penetrate for a minimum of 2 hours. Rinse off using a high pressure water blast, repeat if necessary.
Prior to sealing unsealed concrete acid etching is highly recommended, to enable greater penetration of the sealer.
- Acid Etching: Wet concrete down prior to acid etching. Mix 1 part hydrochloric acid to 15 parts water into a watering can, apply evenly over the surface of the concrete. Do NOT allow the acid to dry. Thoroughly rinse off the surface to remove the acid solution. Allow to dry completely prior to Sealing. It is crucial that the surface is completely dry before applying the Sealer. Failure to do so could cause problems with adhesion.
- Previously Sealed Surfaces: (do not require acid etching) Prior to sealing it’s advisable that a small area be tested for compatibility. Apply Solulene liberally and broom in vigorously, then leave to weather for a minimum 24 hours. If the test area fails, (delamination, flaking, cracking) then the old sealer should be stripped with Sealer Strippa. If the test area remains soft and tacky, then it is compatible. Apply Solulene liberally with a broom and work into the surface, then proceed with the sealing application guidelines.
Ensure the surface temperature is above 10 deg C and below 30 deg C. Apply first and second coat evenly (without pooling).
Full curing is not achieved for up to 7 days. Avoid parking cars on new sealed surfaces until full curing is achieved. Foot traffic is permitted the following day.
- Textured Finished Surfaces: first coat and second coat apply undiluted.
- Smooth finished surfaces: first coat dilute 4/5 litres Solulene per 20 litres StaSeal Classic. Second coat apply undiluted, after minimum of 24 hours. The addition of 300/600gms Anti-Slip per 20 litres of StaSeal Classic in the final coat will reduce slipping and improve pedestrian safety. Stir frequently to ensure even coverage.
- Sealing Steep And Sloping Surfaces: is not recommended, as it reduces pedestrian and vehicle safety and can be very slippery in wet or dry conditions.
- Sealing In Summer: the addition of 2 litres Solulene in the final coat will help reduce blistering. Sealing early in the morning or late in the day is not recommended, due to early morning dew and night condensation. Sealer affected by moisture will lose gloss, adhesion properties and could have a white blooming appearance.